Midwestern Wild Habitats Series

August 10, 2008




I was recently hired to create a triptych of works that are going into a new hotel that will be in the Chicago area. The hotel will showcase the work of many Chicago artists. I was excited about the opportunity to follow through on an idea that I have had for sometime. I've been wanting to create a number of pieces that honored the wildlife and landscapes of the midwest. These are limited edition screenprints that will be going into a number of rooms at the hotel. The first image is a cross section of a tallgrass prairie, with a coyote and some underground inhabitants. The second is of a marsh with cluster of Sandhill Cranes, and a peak into the watery environment surrounding their island. The final is of a bald cypress swamp of the sort that can be found at the very southern tip Illinois in the Cache River State Natural Area.

These are available in the ETSY Shop.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! These are great, Diana! I especially love the split fountain in the cypress print. And bald cypress in Illinois? I never would've guessed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? But our state champion tree is a 1000 year bald cypress. I am hoping to get down there someday to do a little canoeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thanks for making them available to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful. I love the colorings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What interesting composition and colors - really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Aviary All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger