Autumn and Projects



It's autumn; my very favorite time of year. I've been away from Tiny Aviary mainly because I am either outside soaking it up, or working on finishing this etching I started with White Wings Press some time ago. This photo is of the main intaglio press at White Wings with a bunch of proofs of my etching sitting on the press bed. The finished intaglio print will have 5 copper plates, and thus 5 colors. The color proofs you see here, have 4 of the 5 plates printed. We're currently working on finishing up the 5th plate this week. More photos as soon as we have final proofs!

I am hoping to get back to Tiny Aviary later this week, but in the meantime, here is a favorite Emily Dickinson poem for you and the season. I recently came across it on one of my favorite blogs: Our Ash Grove.

The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown,
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The Rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown-
Lest I sh'd be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

Comments

  1. I think you know my feelings on this, Diana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love intaglio prints and this image looks like a perfect fit. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the printing process but it seems complicated and daunting (to me). The print looks amazing. Thank you for the lovely poem. I enjoy Emily Dickinson but didn't remember this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts