Spring Birding in Hyde Park, Chicago

May 30, 2012


Way back in the beginning of May I went to visit a friend in Hyde Park, and we went on a birding hike through lovely Wooded Isle. We try to do this on a semi regular basis during the spring and fall migrations. We timed it well this time, because we saw a great variety of species. I don't need to explain further, as you can just check my painting above to see what we came across! I'm hoping to make a print edition of it, so will let you know if and when that happens.

In the meantime, I will be volunteering at the Field Museum tomorrow and will try to find some fun things to photograph and post to twitter and Instagram.

Prints of this are available here.

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful Diana! I broke into a big smile as soon as I saw it. I hope you do make a print edition of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is exquisite. Also love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being only 200 miles apart I enjoy many of those same birds. Thats a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Looks like it was a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful birds :)

    Hope your summer birding is off to a good start! I'm looking forward to many updates...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice and awesome post.Really like it so much ,So beautiful birds .
    Yellowstone National Park usa

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Aviary All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger