Peregrine Falcon and Common Nighthawk

March 27, 2009




I wasn't able to make it in to the museum last week to volunteer, alas, but hopefully this week. One of the recent shows I was involved in, The Exquisite City, just came down and so I got back all of the paintings that I had hanging in it. I hadn't posted them for sale because while I was satisfied enough with their state of completion for the show, I knew that I would want to work on them more. So, these were two of the watercolors that were in the show, and I just finished adding a bit more to them this weekend. I did 5 different paintings of bird species that can be found in an urban habitat such as Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. The first image of the falcon is quite arresting. Last week something similar happened outside my kitchen window. A hawk had taken down a hairy woodpecker. It was shocking to see. I adore your bird specimen paintings. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Aviary All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger