Greater Bird of Paradise - Paradisaea apoda


A big thanks to everybody that came to the Exquisite City opening! It was a fun night, and it was great to see such a big turn out. I think the diorama aspect to a lot of the work brought me back to being a kid running around the Museum of Science and Industry. Many people brought their children to the opening, and it was fun to see them scamper about with wide eyed looks of wonder.

Do excuse my blogger slackerness, as I haven't had the time to post much lately even though I have a lot to post about. I just finished a big illustration job for an album that is being released at the beginning of 2009 by an extremely talented Chicago musician. I don't know that I can mention specifics just yet, but I will say that I'm a big fan, and am genuinely excited about the music, and the work that I created for the cover art. There is sort of a natural history theme threaded throughout the album, and so of course I was very enthusiastic about collaborating. This is one of the pieces that I created for it. It's a male Greater Bird of Paradise in all of his flailing, flamboyant splendor to send you happily off on to your weekend.

Comments

  1. WOW. This beautiful bird is truly sending me off on a lovely weekend. Your work is so gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about the album and see more of your art, when it's available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, you have exceeded yourself! This has so much movement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts