Connecticut Warbler


When I think of all the warblers there are, my head begins to spin. There are Old World Warblers (families Sylviidae and Cisticolidae), Wood Warblers or New World Warblers (family Parulidae), and Australian Warblers (family Acanthizidae). Our little friend here, being that he is found on our continent would fall into the family of New World warblers. Judging by the name, you would think this is a resident of its namesake. Well you're wrong! They don't actually breed in that state; just passing through, thank you very much. They were first "discovered" in Connecticut. I prepared a little male. Males have a fairly well pronounced grey hood.

Comments

  1. These paintings are SO beautiful and would solve my Don't Like Modern Art yet Want to Support Modern Artists problem.

    Any way to buy prints? I don't think the laser printer will do them justice.

    THANKS SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sorry I haven't been able to check in on the blog in awhile as I have been out of town. These paintings are not for sale, as they serve as a personal document for my experience at the museum. I do, however accept commissions for paintings of specific bird species. Thanks again and keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts