Yellow-rumped Warbler - Setophaga Coronata



I wrote about these little guys not too long ago, and we had many of them visit our backyard last fall. Their plumage was completely different at that time; much more drab. This is a male in breeding plumage and this what has been currently occupying my back yard this spring. They're so beautiful and a lot of fun to watch as they forage.

I hate that I haven't been able to post here much, but there's a lot going on; most of it very good. I have, however, been able to make it in to the Field Museum of Natural History to volunteer in the bird lab several times in the last month. While there I checked out this show, and saw this one in its NYC incarnation.

Have a lovely week, and I hope to be back here soon!


Comments

  1. I just saw my first one ever last week (Madison, WI). Cute and active. A friend identified it by its alternate name: Myrtle Warbler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I've heard of "Mrytle Warbler" before, but didn't realize that it referred to this species. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I just saw some of these today! http://instagram.com/p/YbGHBUiXmZ/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Yours has the yellow throat, so I believe that is the "audubon" variation as opposed to what I've been seeing with the white, which is the "myrtle" variation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is lovely. I think the closest we have to him is the goldfinch.

    P.S. I came so close to buying this painting of yours, Diana, but had to restrain myself. Some day I will own an original of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Yellow-rumped Warbler,nice art work!!

    check out my picture of the Yellow-rumped Warbler I saw this morning.

    Michael
    http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/yellow-rumped-warbler.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts